Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Does Adobe Attach Query Strings to URLs?

Level 2

Are there any circumstances where Adobe Analytics will attach a query string to a URL? I am investigating a situation where we are using SharePoint to create an Intranet site. The user is creating pages and sometimes editing them. When we look at the results in Adobe Analytics we are seeing the URLs with parameters. I have attached a screen shot.

Sharepoint-urls - 05.26.21.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

@JohnRog , it's not clear from the screenshot what variable the data is captured in. If it's a custom variable, then you can apply a Classification to introduce a new dimension that will return the URL without query string if this is what you are looking for.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Hi @JohnRog , We have a separate feature to capture a query string parameter. Looks like your developer is storing a full page URL in to the respective variable (as per the screenshot). Therefore, you are seeing a page URL with query string parameter as well. If you wish to remove the parameter and capture only up to ".html". Please change the way of storing the value either from data layer or custom method where it is fetching. let me know if any.

Level 2
Understood, but is there a way to turn the capture off for only that particular set of URLs or that web asset? If not I need another solution.

Correct answer by
Level 10

@JohnRog , it's not clear from the screenshot what variable the data is captured in. If it's a custom variable, then you can apply a Classification to introduce a new dimension that will return the URL without query string if this is what you are looking for.