Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Discrepencies between Facebook clicks and Adobe visits

Level 1

Hello, 

We have a few questions about Social Network (Paid) channel as a "Last Touch Channel" which has been falling since September although our Facebook budget and campaigns have not changed, there are very sudden drops in Adobe visits from the Social Network (Paid) channel. 

When we examine the reasons; we use cookie banner on our site if users do not allow us, we do not send data to the panels, but because this applies to both Adobe and Facebook, there should have been a similar drop in both. We use Adform link  as  you can see in screenshot but when a user land on any page we can see tracking code which starts with soc in tl parameter. 

How should we proceed with this? I am adding screenshots from Adobe and Facebook panels. 

Ekran Resmi 2021-12-02 21.17.07.pngEkran Resmi 2021-12-02 21.28.40.png

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi there - I believe (though I'm not a Facebook data expert) that the Facebook link clicks will be captured at the time of the click. Therefore it won't be affected by your cookie banner. Whereas the Adobe Visits data will only be captured at the time of the page landing and consent approval.

It may be helpful to:

1. spend some time analyzing the acceptance rate of your consent banner. Does the acceptance rate dropoff align with the FB Click -> Adobe Visit dropoff?
  2. ensure that your clickthrough URLs (from Facebook) and your Marketing Channel rules (in Adobe) are both set up accurately.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi there - I believe (though I'm not a Facebook data expert) that the Facebook link clicks will be captured at the time of the click. Therefore it won't be affected by your cookie banner. Whereas the Adobe Visits data will only be captured at the time of the page landing and consent approval.

It may be helpful to:

1. spend some time analyzing the acceptance rate of your consent banner. Does the acceptance rate dropoff align with the FB Click -> Adobe Visit dropoff?
  2. ensure that your clickthrough URLs (from Facebook) and your Marketing Channel rules (in Adobe) are both set up accurately.

Hope that helps!