Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

Disable total dedupliation

Community Advisor

In CJA, I'm trying to replicate a report a client has in another Analytics tool.  I'd like to be able to turn off total deduplication for certain freeform tables.  I thought there was a setting to do that, but I can't seem to find it.  I know when you only display certain rows, remove a row, etc. deduplication is then disabled.  But I'd like to be able to set it so the client doesn't have to make any changes in the future.

Here's an example:

Left is deduplicated, right is not.  They want to see the value in the right - basically counting every site section as a separate visit.  (Metric is different, just using this as a hypothetical example)

Josh__Stephens_0-1717621409312.png

2 Replies

Level 4

Hi @Josh__Stephens 

You can set deduplication while configuring metrics during data view, check this document for reference

also I believe this post by @Agastya_Reddy  will be helpful on metric deduplication in CJA.

Community Advisor

Thanks Ankit.

This particular use case was a bit different.  The client wanted to deduplicate metrics based on a couple of other dimensions (not at the person or session level). 

I ended up using a concatenation derived field that is set only on the desired event.  For example, when cart add happens, concatenate dimensionA&dimensionB.  Then I built an approximate count distinct metric for that derived field.  That's gotten them within 1-2% of the results they were getting in other analytics tools that allowed data to be aggregated at various levels of granularity.