Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Disable IP address collection

Level 4

Hi community, 

Is it possible to stop IP Address collection or anonymize it?

We have this requirement from one of our European clients, due to their data policies.

We must consider, sites share Report Suite for all their geos, so we would like to keep IP Tracking for US sites, for example, for disable it for France sites. Is there any in code flag for enabling/disabling? We use Adobe Launch, App Measurement stack.

Thanks, 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As far as I know, "Replace the last octet of IP addresses with 0" (to obscure IPs) and "IP Obfuscation" settings are only available on the report suite's General Account Settings:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1667328433059.png

I don't believe you can enable or disable it programmatically.... At least not without additional costs; as this might be possible using VISTA rules, but you would need to check with Client Care on that, and get a cost estimation to add those rules into your processing.... (assuming they can do this)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As far as I know, "Replace the last octet of IP addresses with 0" (to obscure IPs) and "IP Obfuscation" settings are only available on the report suite's General Account Settings:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1667328433059.png

I don't believe you can enable or disable it programmatically.... At least not without additional costs; as this might be possible using VISTA rules, but you would need to check with Client Care on that, and get a cost estimation to add those rules into your processing.... (assuming they can do this)

Employee Advisor

@OscarMM  As @Jennifer_Dungan  IP Obfuscation should be the way to do this. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/audience-manager/user-guide/features/administration/ip-obfus...

You can also reach out to client care and have VISTA rules setup by Adobe engineering team, which is a paid service