Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Differents results in daily visits and weekly and monthly

Level 1

Hi everybody, I've got a doubt regarding how omniture does size the quantity of visits,  as an example in a week I've five daily visits but if I see them weekly there are only 20, not 35 as it should be ( 5x7 = 35) why does this happen?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hello, 

A visit is reported in each time period in which activity occurred. For example, suppose that a visit begins at 11:45 p.m. on December 1st, and continues until 12:30 a.m. on December 2nd. The visit is counted on December 1st and December 2. But it'll count as one visit if reporting time period is from Dec 1st to Dec 2nd. This reporting applies to other time periods, including weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly.

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hello, 

A visit is reported in each time period in which activity occurred. For example, suppose that a visit begins at 11:45 p.m. on December 1st, and continues until 12:30 a.m. on December 2nd. The visit is counted on December 1st and December 2. But it'll count as one visit if reporting time period is from Dec 1st to Dec 2nd. This reporting applies to other time periods, including weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly.

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar.

Level 1

I'm not sure I understand this logic. Is the visit counted twice in a weekly visit report?