Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Different panels - Choose segments only once?

Level 2

I have been building a dashboard with several panels now. The dashboard will be used by users who need different segments on it. Right now, they have to choose the segment for each panel they open. Is there a function, where we can split the dashboard into several panels to optimize the loading time but choose the segments only once? Any tips or tricks?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Do you mean a dashboard in Adobe Workspace?

If yes:

So far panels are completely independent. that means changing a segment in one panel doesn't affect any other panels. and there is no option within a workspace project to set sort of "global segments".

One way I can think of is using Virtual Report Suites VRS. those are basically the otiginal data filtered by segments. that means you could setup a few VRS with the most common segment combinations and the data in the Workspace projects (and therefore in all panels) get filtered immediately.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Do you mean a dashboard in Adobe Workspace?

If yes:

So far panels are completely independent. that means changing a segment in one panel doesn't affect any other panels. and there is no option within a workspace project to set sort of "global segments".

One way I can think of is using Virtual Report Suites VRS. those are basically the otiginal data filtered by segments. that means you could setup a few VRS with the most common segment combinations and the data in the Workspace projects (and therefore in all panels) get filtered immediately.

Level 2

Yes, sorry. Adobe Workspace.
Thanks for the answer. I will try with the VRS.

Community Advisor

Maybe only a solution, if you have a fixed set of combination you want your users to apply. this isn't the right way to solve your issue originally stated, since you need to create a VRS for each segment combination. But at least you have a simple way to apply basic settings to your workspace projects

we use VRS quite a lot for education: start with filtered data and limited dimensions/metrics, simply change VRS as users advance in knowledge. basically we have some "Educstion VRS" which open the doors one after one to more possibilities. and users can stay in their projects and just flip the VRS to get more possibilities ...