Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

different number between the Fallout and Flow report

Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to play around the Fallout report and Flow report and the 2 reports are having showing different numbers:

Background

inside our Web App we have 2 pages:

* Page A: Login Page

* Page B: Home Page

* Page C: Profile Page

I would like to see how many people go from the Home Page and tp Profile Page and I setup the following report:

Problem

Fallout report:

I start with Page = Home Page with Eventual Path,  and the next touchpoint is Page = Profile Page

Flow report:

I drop the Page = Home Page into the "Dimension or Item" tab

I found the visit of Page = Home Page showing in the Fallout report and the Flow report is different, may I know why is it the case?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The Flow visualisation uses "path views", which is not the same as "visits". This means that the Flow visualisation reports the number of views along a specific path. It also counts multiple occurrences of the same node, e.g. if your Flow visualisation is built from the Page dimension, then the path views include page reloads.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The Flow visualisation uses "path views", which is not the same as "visits". This means that the Flow visualisation reports the number of views along a specific path. It also counts multiple occurrences of the same node, e.g. if your Flow visualisation is built from the Page dimension, then the path views include page reloads.