Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Difference between these 2 dimensions OmnID & User ID?

Level 2

Can you please elaborate what's the difference between these 2 Dimensions and official definition of them?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

My suggestion is to check your admin console and see how those variables are defined. This is accessible via:

Admin Console > Report Suites >  Select Your Report Suite(s) > Edit Settings > Conversion > Conversion Variables

This will help you find what eVars match to these two dimensions. As hyderziaee​ correctly mentions, you can then go back to your implementation team and ask how they are defined.

1263084_pastedImage_2.png

There's a chance that they are set up as Traffic Variables (props) instead of Conversion Variables (eVars). You can check that here:

Admin Console > Report Suites >  Select Your Report Suite(s) > Edit Settings > Traffic > Traffic Variables

1263085_pastedImage_3.png

Beware that you'll need Admin access to your account in order to access these.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Sounds like custom implementation. There are no out-of-the-box variables with those names.

You can check with your team on who set that up and what the differences are.

-Hyder

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

My suggestion is to check your admin console and see how those variables are defined. This is accessible via:

Admin Console > Report Suites >  Select Your Report Suite(s) > Edit Settings > Conversion > Conversion Variables

This will help you find what eVars match to these two dimensions. As hyderziaee​ correctly mentions, you can then go back to your implementation team and ask how they are defined.

1263084_pastedImage_2.png

There's a chance that they are set up as Traffic Variables (props) instead of Conversion Variables (eVars). You can check that here:

Admin Console > Report Suites >  Select Your Report Suite(s) > Edit Settings > Traffic > Traffic Variables

1263085_pastedImage_3.png

Beware that you'll need Admin access to your account in order to access these.