Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

device type "other" (desktop) absent from trended view

Level 3

In the Device Type report, "other" is always the top Type in the Ranked view.  But when changing to the Trended View, "other" isn't shown in the report at all.  

I haven't been able to force it to show using a Data Filter or anything else.  If I use an Advanced Filter for "other" the graph line looks right but there is no metric shown in the table.  The "Add Metrics" window says that "visits" *should* be displaying, but there's no metric column at all.

I've been manually copying from the bar graph in the trend report but would love to see this fixed.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
4 Replies

Level 8

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in responding. "Others" is coming up both in the Trended and Ranked views in the Device Type Report for me. What granularity are you applying when when viewing a Trended report? Have you tried changing it? Also what is the selected metric?

If possible please attach a screenshot of all the filters and selections made so that we can help troubleshoot it better.

Thanks

Nikhil

Correct answer by
Level 10

Level 3

It is working fine this morning.  I do have a screen shot and an export showing the absence of the visits metric (or, any metric) but at this point I'm satisfied.  Don't know what happened ... I am not crazy, I know that.  Thanks.

Level 8

Great. Thanks for letting us know and feel free to reach out to us in case of any queries.

Nikhil