Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Deleting users

Level 1

Hi all,

Currently I am deleting users from Adobe Analytics because we are getting close to the max number of licenses. I am deleting them from the "Analytics users and Assets" tab. After doing this i can no longer share any reports with them, so I thought it worked.

However, when I look in the Admin console under users, they are still there. 

What is the best way to delete users? Can I delete them in one place, and if so, where? 

Greetings,

Menno

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Mennos,

Better to delete the users from 'Admin' Console 'Users' Tab. When you select the user, it will show you the list of Experience Cloud Tools they can access. You can remove Adobe Analytics Access for them. If you want to transfer the assets they own before removing, you should go to Admin Section in Adobe Analytics to do.

Thank You, Arun.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Mennos,

Better to delete the users from 'Admin' Console 'Users' Tab. When you select the user, it will show you the list of Experience Cloud Tools they can access. You can remove Adobe Analytics Access for them. If you want to transfer the assets they own before removing, you should go to Admin Section in Adobe Analytics to do.

Thank You, Arun.

Hi Pratheep, By doing this the tools they have access is gone but the user ID still remain. Isnt there a way to remove the account completely?

Community Advisor
Hello Vijay, I don't think we can remove the account from Adobe. Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B

Employee

@Vijaysarathy_Krishnan - 

If you delete the user from "Analytics users and Assets", all the mapping against the user in the back-end will be removed for Analytics.

Basically from the Analytics UI(Admin>User Management>Analytics users & assets) all the assets(like Segments, Projects ) of the user will be removed permanently.
Segments can be re-enabled but not the projects or any other asset.

However, the user will still be present in the admin console, because there must be some users who have access to other Products of Adobe (Example, Target, Campaign). However, if you want to change/revoke permissions of the users you can remove the user from the Admin console.

Additionally, I believe removing the Product Profile of Analytics from the user's profile will be fine as one license will get vacant and he won't be able to access Analytics then.

I hope this helps!