Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Default Page dimension not populated

Level 2

Hi,

Recently I have implemented a new property using the Web SDK. It isn't the first Web SDK property I have implemented for the site, so mainly I have copied the work I did before for other properties.

For my last implementation, I can see that eventhough the default 'Page' dimension is set correctly on Adobe Data Collection I can't see the dimension being sent on the Edge server call and when checking on Adobe Analytics Workspace I can see it gets populated with the value 'Other'. It didn't happened with previous implementations.

My last implementation sets on a different domain, which differs from the previous ones, but both share the same Adobe Analytics report suite. I haven't added yet the new domain on the internal URL's filter section and I think the issue might be related to it according to the information I have read on this page.

RaulFo_0-1723202461143.png

Can you confirm if the issue is related to not have added the new domain to the internal URL´s filters as I suspect?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @RaulFo 

you're right, it's the missing filter. This is something that keeps your report suite data clean e.g., if someone else unintentionally sends data to your analytics solution.

had a similar issue with a client a while back when someone implemented the Bulk Data Insertion API and set the domain to something completely different.

the "Other" was our way to finally finding out the root cause of our issue.

set the filter and you will be fine.

skip any subdomain and www. though.

mydomain.com instead of www.mydomain.com or subdomain.mydomain.com

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @RaulFo 

you're right, it's the missing filter. This is something that keeps your report suite data clean e.g., if someone else unintentionally sends data to your analytics solution.

had a similar issue with a client a while back when someone implemented the Bulk Data Insertion API and set the domain to something completely different.

the "Other" was our way to finally finding out the root cause of our issue.

set the filter and you will be fine.

skip any subdomain and www. though.

mydomain.com instead of www.mydomain.com or subdomain.mydomain.com