Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Decrementing Events

Community Advisor

I'm trying to find the release notes for when they made it possible to pass a negative number into an event.  I've been doing it now for scRemove on products, and I'm just trying to find the documentation for when it came out.  Does anyone remember when that was done?  I need to find the general documentation, because it's not readily searchable nor findable in the help documentation online, but I know that it works, because we're doing it right now in our implementation.

Thanks in advance for anyone who has the link for when the update was made.  I know it was within the past year to 18 months.

Jeff Bloomer
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Actually, I just heard back from my Adobe contact named Susan Vertrees, and she said:

"Yes, you can now set negative events. I don't know if it is in the documentation yet, but I have another client who has been doing it for about 18 months now."  There you have it from an official Adobe consultant.  Until they update the official documentation, I'll use this as my official answer for now.  Thanks for chiming in, though!

Jeff Bloomer

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Jeff, 

I am not aware if there was a time when the negative values were not supported for events. If there was a time, then it was at least more than 4 years ago. I can verify for 4.5 years that the negative values worked. 

Also the only document which kind of mentions that you can pass in negative values is the FAQ for Data sources:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/datasources/datasrc_faq.html

Level 4

I am fairly sure that Adobe does not recommend or endorse using negative values for events.  It is "possible", but not reliable in my experience. I would stick to using positive values if you can

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Actually, I just heard back from my Adobe contact named Susan Vertrees, and she said:

"Yes, you can now set negative events. I don't know if it is in the documentation yet, but I have another client who has been doing it for about 18 months now."  There you have it from an official Adobe consultant.  Until they update the official documentation, I'll use this as my official answer for now.  Thanks for chiming in, though!

Jeff Bloomer