Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

DataSources upload with Countries as one of the dimension?

Level 3

Hi,

We would like to upload the marketing channel cost with breakdown with Countries like below example,

DateChannelCountriesChannel Cost
1/8/2020Paid SearchUnited Kingdom1200
1/8/2020Paid SearchGermany1100

I checked the documentation but it seems Countries is not a supported dimension (while State and Zip are supported). So would like to check with other folks here if they have experience on this? or other suggestion to achieve something similar?

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/datasources/analytics_data_sources.pdf

Thanks,

John

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @Hey_John,

The out of the box dimension "Countries" is not currently supported by Data Sources. So, my suggestion will be to use a custom variable like any eVar & use can that eVar to upload the data for the Countries.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 8

Hi, @Hey_John 

Typically, geolocation details come from the visitor's IP address, which is where the existing "Countries" report gets its data.

The reason "state" and "zip" are supported by Data Sources is they are commonly/typically associated with transactional data such as an online purchase. In fact, these are the s.zip and s.state variables you're likely familiar with.

That said, if you have an eVar to spare, have you considered uploading your custom Country data into a new, Data Source-specific eVar?

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @Hey_John,

The out of the box dimension "Countries" is not currently supported by Data Sources. So, my suggestion will be to use a custom variable like any eVar & use can that eVar to upload the data for the Countries.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhinav