Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Data Warehouse Page Dimension Visit Discrepancy

Level 2

Issue:

I'm finding that when pulling a Data Warehouse report using the Page Dimension (w/ visit and page view as metrics), that there are blanks under the page dimension column that show visits but no page views

Research:

I went back into Workspace to confirm that my total visits were not affected by the blank pages that had visits and no page views. I found that Workspace was not counting these visits in aggregate reporting, or reporting any of the blank page dimension visits in the detail view.

We also have GA as a back up for our reporting, and found that our total visits are very close to GA sessions indicating that this issue is not affecting our overall visit reporting.

Question:

What could be causing this? Is this something that would need immediate attention? If this is an issue what would be a fix?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Eric,

The pages with no page views are because of s.tl() calls like PDFs, Exit Links and Custom Links.

Though Page Views are not counted for the above s.tl() calls, visits have to be attributed but it wont affect the overall numbers as you said.

Since Page Name is the default variable captured on all s.tl() calls, the above so.

It is normal and working fine. No need to change anything!

Thank You

Arun

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Eric,

The pages with no page views are because of s.tl() calls like PDFs, Exit Links and Custom Links.

Though Page Views are not counted for the above s.tl() calls, visits have to be attributed but it wont affect the overall numbers as you said.

Since Page Name is the default variable captured on all s.tl() calls, the above so.

It is normal and working fine. No need to change anything!

Thank You

Arun

Level 2

Arun,

Thank you for the answer! One more question. Could it be possible that any of our direct call rules would be causing this as well? The reason I'm asking, is because I'm finding a correlation with the number of direct call rules firing and an increase in these visits without page views.

Eric

Community Advisor

Dear Eric,

If your direct call fires s.tl() call, then those will also accounted to the bucket as you said.

Thank You

Arun