Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Custom increment in Adobe variables/events and building workspace report on it

Level 1

Hi All,

I have a requirement where in I need to create a Workspace report based on the below case scenario -

An internal search is done and along with the list of results it also displays 'number of search results'. Now I need to capture the number of search results and create a report out of it that can provide following details -

01. All the search results displayed to a unique visitor in a month [summation of all searches done by user]

02. Able to break down the number of search results based on geographical location(or other similar metrics).

I have the number of search results in a label on web page which I can capture on prop/eVar/event but I am not too sure how to proceed it further. I am planning to get a logic at data capture level where the event is incremented with the number of search results adding to the prior results numbers. However I am not sure if it the right way or even if it is feasible.

Could you please help me with approach or opinions on how to achieve solution

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Neelabh,

Your approach is right. If you capture the 'Search Results Number' in a Prop or an eVar you cannot attribute it against the visitor since the values will be captured in multiple line items. So you need to set an event with Event Type 'Numeric' and increment the event based on the  'Search Results Number' so that you can understand the 'Average Search Results Number' per Unique Visitor. Then you can easily break down the metrics by any variable in your Workspace.

Note that if you want to attribute the 'Search Results Number' against a visitor, you need to capture Visitor ID or Customer ID to relate.

Thank You!

Arun

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Neelabh,

Your approach is right. If you capture the 'Search Results Number' in a Prop or an eVar you cannot attribute it against the visitor since the values will be captured in multiple line items. So you need to set an event with Event Type 'Numeric' and increment the event based on the  'Search Results Number' so that you can understand the 'Average Search Results Number' per Unique Visitor. Then you can easily break down the metrics by any variable in your Workspace.

Note that if you want to attribute the 'Search Results Number' against a visitor, you need to capture Visitor ID or Customer ID to relate.

Thank You!

Arun