Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

CTR for content placements on main site

Level 2

Hi everyone,

I am looking to explore a specific use case where I am trying to see if I can calculate the CTR for  placements on the site in a simplified form.

To give you guys a background- I have a Site A which is the main site and Site B which is the content site. The data for both sites goes to different report suites. I need a solution to find the CTR for site B content on Site A page. The way I calculate this is by dividing unique pageviews of the site B placement (I use the ICID value) / unique pageviews of the page on site A (I look at the pageName variable). I track site B performance using ICIDS. This calculation process is very manual for me currently as to calculate the CTR I have to know the live date for each site B placement and calculate CTR from the start date to current. Also, with data in different report suites adds additional challenge. 

I've built a new tracking to pass the pagename of site A + ICID for Site B to be showing on site A report suite so that makes it slightly easy, however, I still need to join tables and need to know the live dates for the placement to be able to calculate the CTR. Do you guys have any ideas on how can this be done in a more simplified manner where I can directly see the CTR for a site B placement against that ICID?

Thank you.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

@nk271 - Based on what little I know, and my interpretations of your question(s), here's one option:

On Site A, implement impression tracking for the CTAs in question. Add a listVar to all page loads that tracks any CTAs that present on the page. (I'd capture the ICID values in the listVar.) Throw in a success event to keep track of impression counts (or just use the page views metric), and you should be good to go.

Since you're having to compare data across report suites, it would be best to keep the data consistent. This is why I suggest capturing the ICID value in the listVar. This should make for a simple lookup across the two data sets.

On Site B, you're already capturing the ICID so keep doing what you're doing. (No changes there.)

There may be better ways (like capturing the data for both sites in a single report suite), but this is one approach that should work without adding calls to Adobe. (You're just adding a property to the existing calls.)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 8

@nk271 - Based on what little I know, and my interpretations of your question(s), here's one option:

On Site A, implement impression tracking for the CTAs in question. Add a listVar to all page loads that tracks any CTAs that present on the page. (I'd capture the ICID values in the listVar.) Throw in a success event to keep track of impression counts (or just use the page views metric), and you should be good to go.

Since you're having to compare data across report suites, it would be best to keep the data consistent. This is why I suggest capturing the ICID value in the listVar. This should make for a simple lookup across the two data sets.

On Site B, you're already capturing the ICID so keep doing what you're doing. (No changes there.)

There may be better ways (like capturing the data for both sites in a single report suite), but this is one approach that should work without adding calls to Adobe. (You're just adding a property to the existing calls.)