Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Cross Device Analytics - Field based stitching evar report

Level 1

As part of Cross Device Analytics - If I am looking at Field based stitching evar report, which contains an ID for a user, Is it possible to see People as 3 in the evar report. For example I have one app and one web as platform and the user authenticated on both via different devices. Replay of 7 days exists. 

ID                            People

ABCD123                    3

Shouldn't it be 1 people against the stitching field?Am I missing something here?

1 Reply

Adobe Champion

Okay, for that "People" metric, which I'm assuming is "Unique Visitors," think of it as devices. Yes, it's the same individual who has logged in across three different devices, but that's the point of having a field that has a unique identifier across devices.

Go into Calculated Metrics and use Distinct Count for ID. Use that metric, and you'll get the numbers deduplicated across devices.