Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Creating segment as a sequence

Level 3

Hey guys,

I'm trying to make a report on how many users saw the products in my ecommerce website coming from a certain page, but the previous page is not tracked on adobe, can i use referral dimension will that be correct.

I'm trying to create segments, but it give me 0 users, how should i segment them

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@AshwinC5I Check the time range for the segment, it might be possible that the date range you are looking at may not have anyone actually following that sequence.

Another query from the above screenshot you shared was that I could see 25 visits on the top right corner of the segment definition window, so it did seem like it was working for you as well. No ?

View solution in original post

23 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey @AshwinC5I 

You dont need referral etc here.

What you can do is the below.

Page A: The page that you are looking for as the starting point

Page B: Subsequent purchase or whatever other page.

You can use visit level segment with a 'Then' sequencing here.

Page A 

THEN

Page B

The above sequence in a visit level segment should give you what you are looking for.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Community Advisor

Hey @AshwinC5I 

Equals A and B were just sample values. You can put in the actual page name in there. 

Also, I would suggest use 'Page' dimension for anything related to page names if you have proper naming in it. You are currently using an eVar in the above example.

Level 3

yes Abhinav, I'll be changing it to actual names.

If i change the eVar to page dimension I'm getting 0 values 

Community Advisor

@AshwinC5I 

And you see the page names that you are looking for in the pages report for both the values being used in the segment ?

Community Advisor

@AshwinC5I Is it okay for you to share the screenshot of the segment once please. This one should be a straightforward one usually.

Community Advisor

As I can see, you are getting 25 such visits as per the above screenshot @AshwinC5I 

Am I missing something in the above screenshot ?

I tried it at my end as well and it did give me expected result.

abhinavbalooni_0-1701950817972.png

Level 3

I've mirrored the same as you, but still i did not get data in the reports

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@AshwinC5I Check the time range for the segment, it might be possible that the date range you are looking at may not have anyone actually following that sequence.

Another query from the above screenshot you shared was that I could see 25 visits on the top right corner of the segment definition window, so it did seem like it was working for you as well. No ?

Level 3

It was working, as you said there might be a possibility that no users actually following that sequence.

Community Advisor

@AshwinC5I Just to confirm, you can also try to have a look at the flow report and look for those two pages to see if during the date range someone did follow that path or not.

Also, do accept the solution if it worked for you so that anyone else also facing something similar can directly go to the right response.

Cheers !

Community Advisor

@AshwinC5I That's interesting. So my understanding from the above is:

For the same date range, you are getting users in a flow report following that sequence ? Are you looking at visit or visitors ? Keep in mind that in the segment you are applying a visit segment and not 'visitor'. Flow report by default puts a visitor metric. Try switching it to 'visit' and then tell me do you still see someone following that path ?

abhinavbalooni_0-1701952013477.png

Community Advisor

@AshwinC5I You seem to have changed the segment definition to Visitor instead of Visit in the above screenshot ? I am also a bit confused with the segment definition saying a and b and the flow report saying product page.

Community Advisor

@AshwinC5I No worries. Let me know how you go but I am pretty sure this is how it will be.