Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Creating an OAuth client for a third-party integration?

Level 1

I'm trying to set up OAuth integration for a third-party application, but am running into a similar problem as Creating an oAuth Client - what level of access is required? -- Adobe Analytics can be selected, but the "OAuth integration" option is greyed out:

Adobe Analytics integration greyed out.png

In our case, we don't have our own Adobe Analytics installation, since we would be integrating with our customers' Analytics installations. For that matter, we don't currently have an enterprise organization either, since we don't actually have any Adobe software of our own, so there is no "System Administrator" role that I'm aware of.

How can we set up an OAuth integration for a third-party application? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

So I chatted with a couple people internally about this, and here's what I've found:

Partners that need a more permanent authentication token for clients' Adobe Analytics accounts will need to generate a JSON Web Token. More information can be found here:

However, there's one obstacle: it's not quite ready for Adobe Analytics yet. We anticipate it will be available next month, and will be the solution moving forward.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Your best option here would be to ask for credentials from a client who has an Analytics contract.

Level 1

The only way to create a "third-party" integration is to ask your customer to create application credentials for you? Are there any plans to improve this?

Aside from a poor developer experience, it creates a problematic coupling -- what happens if that customer relationship ends? I imagine it could elicit concerns from the client as well, since the application is outside of their organization.

(It seems like it would be useful to support the delegation of authority across organizational boundaries.)

Level 1

Alternatively, are you suggesting that we should create a separate application with independent credentials for each client that has an Analytics contract? (This seems like it would defeat the purpose of OAuth.)

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

So I chatted with a couple people internally about this, and here's what I've found:

Partners that need a more permanent authentication token for clients' Adobe Analytics accounts will need to generate a JSON Web Token. More information can be found here:

However, there's one obstacle: it's not quite ready for Adobe Analytics yet. We anticipate it will be available next month, and will be the solution moving forward.

Level 1

Hi,

Any news about that?

I'm trying to use the Service Account Integration with Adobe Analytics and it doesn't work yet

Is there any date planned?

Regards,