Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Create segment of visits which a minimun interaction on private area

Level 2

I need to identify visits which meet, on a particular group of pages, the conditions of a minimum number of page views and minimum time spent on these pages. 

I have tried to but i could not manage to get the data i need.

First, i created a segment at visit level with the following criteria:

1. Page views are greater than or equal to 3. 

AND

2. Time spent on page/per visit is greater than 59 seconds.

I must say that there is no need to have these 2 conditions, it would be ok if i only have 1 of them. But I want any of these 2 conditions happening in the private area of the site (the page group i said before). In the current data implementation, hits from the private and public area are all sent to the same report suite. So, if I create the segment as written above, the conditions apply to the previous or subsequent hits matching public area. 

I tried to isolate the private area by creating a Virtual report suite. It did not work as i can see on Workspace that the segment is gathering visits that meet the criteria in the whole visit (public or private area). 

We are able to identify pages from different areas with values, for example "private area" for the private area page group. I do not know if these values could be a solution in order to get required visits.

Let me know if it would be possible to get in any way. Also, if you have any further information.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Could sequential segments work?

So you have a Visit container where:

• Private page 1 THEN Private page 2 THEN Private page 3
  • OR
  • Private page 1 THEN Private page 3 THEN Private page 2
  • OR
  • Private page 2 THEN Private page 1 THEN Private page 3
  • OR
  • Private page 2 THEN Private page 3 THEN Private page 1
  • OR
  • Private page 3 THEN Private page 1 THEN Private page 2
  • OR
  • Private page 3 THEN Private page 2 THEN Private page 1

It's kinda ridiculous, but it might work for your specific requirement.

Or since you said that you are tracking a "private area" value (I assume in an eVar), then you could use a simpler sequential segment:

A Visit container where:

• "private area" THEN "private area" THEN "private area"

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

This seems to work for me:

Hit container:
  - Hit container:
    - Page group equals "private area"
  AND
  - Visit container:
    - Visit Depth is greater than or equal to 3

I built this by using Freeform Table to stack these 2 segments:

this one:

Hit container:
  - Page group equals "private area"

and this one:

Visit container:
  - Visit Depth is greater than or equal to 3

Add both of them to the freeform table's columns area, then select them and right-click > "Create segment from selection".

Level 2
Once created your recommendation, I checked individual visits from the segment and it seems this recommendation does not work for me. There are users with this behaviour: 3 page views or more in their visit but only one of them match the dimension value “private area”. It makes sense as we are gathering visits with the 3 page views or more conditions within the whole site, and then only showing hits matching the hit condition “private area”, that in this case apply only to a minimum of 1 hit. Is there any way to apply the 3 page views or more condition to hit condition “private area”? If this is possible, this segment showed this behaviour: 3 page views or more in their visit with a minimum of 3 page views matching the dimension value “private area”.

Community Advisor
Hmm, in that case, if you use 2 separate segments, one for each condition, then stack them together in your freeform table or panel, would that work for you?

Level 2
I tried to generated directly in the segment section and in the right-click option (creating a segment from selection). I think they work the same way. I do not get the data i am seeking.

Level 2

Hi! i did not get an answer to solve my question: "Is there any way to apply the 3 page views or more condition to hit condition “private area”?". All information about the issue is in the loop, but if you need any more, please let me know.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Could sequential segments work?

So you have a Visit container where:

• Private page 1 THEN Private page 2 THEN Private page 3
  • OR
  • Private page 1 THEN Private page 3 THEN Private page 2
  • OR
  • Private page 2 THEN Private page 1 THEN Private page 3
  • OR
  • Private page 2 THEN Private page 3 THEN Private page 1
  • OR
  • Private page 3 THEN Private page 1 THEN Private page 2
  • OR
  • Private page 3 THEN Private page 2 THEN Private page 1

It's kinda ridiculous, but it might work for your specific requirement.

Or since you said that you are tracking a "private area" value (I assume in an eVar), then you could use a simpler sequential segment:

A Visit container where:

• "private area" THEN "private area" THEN "private area"

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?