Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Coupon Code's

Level 2

In our custom conversion coupon code report it's populating 99% of unique visitors as "none" is anyone else experiencing this problem?

If not, how could I fix this issue.

Thanks a bunch,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

A lot of this depends on how your implementation is setup, but it does appear you have orders getting through with no Adobe Analytics associated coupon code that are carrying a discount. You could build a segment around those conditions to drill down and investigate further on the specific cases if you have a way to identify individual orders (i.e. transaction ID).

I would review individual orders at a transation ID level and then see if there are tracking issues/multiple coupon codes in play.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Employee

What are the metrics within the report in question? Could you post a screenshot of the full report?

Assuming the coupon code values only apply to completed orders which covers 1% of Unique Visitors on the site then there isn't an issue. Since the remainder 99% of unique visitors had no interaction with a coupon code and therefore would be associated as 'none'.

Best,

Brian

Level 2

Here is a screenshot with the metrics involved. I added in our most relevant ones that our company uses.

Thanks Brian.

Best,

Chris

Employee

There may not be an issue here as the 'none' line items simply pulls in for the requested metrics the totals for the period. Although you have orders with the line item of 'none' that could indicate that a coupon code was not used at all (63% of orders did not use a coupon code). Again the high count of Unique Visitors is for the entire period ANY unique visitors not associated with a coupon code (it is not limited to those unique visitors that placed an order without a coupon code).

The best way to think about the 'none' line item is it pulls in all metrics for which there is no association to the given Custom Conversion eVar value. Which would apply to either of the two scenarios:

1.Order was placed without a coupon code

2.Traffic metric would apply to any site visits without a coupon code 

Best,

Brian

Level 2

I understand and that makes sense but how could we get an Avg Discount Percentage of 9.64% then? 

That's our main concern.

Best,

Chris

Level 2

Could it be people using multiple coupon codes?

Employee

How is the Avg Discount Percentage calculated metric derived (formula behind it)?

Best,

Brian

Correct answer by
Employee

A lot of this depends on how your implementation is setup, but it does appear you have orders getting through with no Adobe Analytics associated coupon code that are carrying a discount. You could build a segment around those conditions to drill down and investigate further on the specific cases if you have a way to identify individual orders (i.e. transaction ID).

I would review individual orders at a transation ID level and then see if there are tracking issues/multiple coupon codes in play.

Best,

Brian