Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Could not receive the proper numeric value sent to adobe via DTM.

Level 1

I'm trying to push the numeric hardcoded value to the adobe server using the events, but the values sent is not received. I could see some random values in the dashboard(adobe). Also I'm using omnibug to check the data that is sent and I could see the proper value is transferred, but still in the adobe dashboard I'm seeing some random values. Please suggest me a proper way to send the numeric values so that the same is received in the adobe aswell. Example code snippet I'm using to send the values:

s.eVar1 = 'Text 1';
s.eVar2 = 'ID 1';
s.events = 'event11=10,event12=1';
s.linkTrackVars = keysAry.toString();
s.linkTrackEvents = 'event11,event12';
s.tl(this, 'o', customLink);
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

When you say "I'm trying to push the numeric hardcoded value to the adobe server using the events", do you mean that for Text 1 / ID 1 combination, you want to see a literal "10" and a literal "1"?

Numberic Events are still counters, they just increment in the specified value.

So if you were looking at Text 1:

• Hit 1
    • (Values in Report) 
      • Custom Link Instance = 1
      • event11 = 10
      • event12 = 1
  • Hit 2
    • (Values in Report) 
    • Custom Link Instance = 2
    • event11 = 20
    • event12 = 2
  • Hit 3
    • (Values in Report) 
    • Custom Link Instance = 3
    • event11 = 30
    • event12 = 3

Events are metrics... if you need a literal "10" then you need to pass that as a dimension. It will be stored as a string value as Adobe Analytics does not support numeric dimensions (CJA might, I don't know since I don't have it)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

When you say "I'm trying to push the numeric hardcoded value to the adobe server using the events", do you mean that for Text 1 / ID 1 combination, you want to see a literal "10" and a literal "1"?

Numberic Events are still counters, they just increment in the specified value.

So if you were looking at Text 1:

• Hit 1
    • (Values in Report) 
      • Custom Link Instance = 1
      • event11 = 10
      • event12 = 1
  • Hit 2
    • (Values in Report) 
    • Custom Link Instance = 2
    • event11 = 20
    • event12 = 2
  • Hit 3
    • (Values in Report) 
    • Custom Link Instance = 3
    • event11 = 30
    • event12 = 3

Events are metrics... if you need a literal "10" then you need to pass that as a dimension. It will be stored as a string value as Adobe Analytics does not support numeric dimensions (CJA might, I don't know since I don't have it)

Level 1

Hello @Aarthi098,

In the Adobe reports if you are seeing values for  event11 (metric) as '1,2,3,4,5,6...12345' and you expect to see values for event11 as '10,20,30,40...12340' then it is the issue of selecting wrong 'type' when configuring Success event (event11) in the report suite.

You can change the Event Type to Numeric by following below steps:

1.Please go to Analytics > Admin > Report Suites > Edit Settings > Conversion > Success Events

2. Change 'Type' configuration for event11 (from 'Counter' to 'Numeric' ;because Numeric type can increment count by more than 1 where as Counter type will increment count by only 1)