Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Could Attribution IQ (Non Default Attribution Model) be disabled when using Date dimensions?

Level 2

I'm having problems using a 3rd party integration (Funnel.io) to make API requests which include calculated metrics with a non-default attribution model.

Because the platform includes the Day dimension in API report requests by default, it ends up under-counting my metrics which use a First Touch, 30 Day attribution model.

I can see the same behaviour in workspace. If I use these metrics against the Day dimension for 6th Feb, I end up counting only the conversions where both the conversion was on 6th Feb and the first touch (in the 30 day window) was also on 6th Feb. Which is obviously not what I want to do.

I am trying in parallel to ask Funnel whether they can update how they make API requests. But at the same time, an easier solution would be enabling the option to disable Attribution IQ for date dimensions.

Alternatively, if anyone else has experienced this issue and can think of an alternate workaround then I'm open to any suggestions.

One Day Example.PNG

Panel has a date range of 6th Feb. Note that when I create a table with just 6th Feb as the date then it only captures the conversions where the first touch was also on 6th Feb.
I believe this is what is happening with Funnel processes the API requests.

1 Reply

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

I can't speak to the funnl.io part, but I can speak to the workspace part. When you have the date range in the table, it's looking for the date to actually exist in that hit. If you still want it to include all of the hits, use something like "all visits".

In the example below, I've set my date range to a single day, and when I use all visits it shows me all the hits with that attribution, but when I have the date range, it limits each row to the specific day of the first hit.

Mandy_George314_0-1697140023239.png