Expand my Community achievements bar.

Cookies in Adobe Analytics

Level 2

We found some new cookies on our websites. Is the s_ac cookie associated with Adobe Analytics?

12 Replies

Level 7

Can you please confirm is it s_ac or s_cc?

Level 2

Hi,

It was coming through as s_ac.

Thanks,

Diana

Level 9

The general Adobe Analytics cookies are listed here,

At first glance, the naming looks like an Adobe cookie, but I cannot find it documented anywhere. Also searched the internet for it and even Cookiepedia does not have much to say about it. Sometimes, Adobe Analytics extensions set a cookie (which name you can change as well). Have you searched the source code for which script is writing it?

If you have the URL, I can have a quick look at it.

Cheers

Level 2

Hi,

We did some additional digging and found that this cookie was introduced with the latest version of AppMeasurement. Thanks for your help!

Community Advisor

I don't find any info related to s_ac in documentation, are you using any plug-in cookies, sometimes they also set cookies. as @bjoern__koth mentioned, can you check the source code?

Level 2

Hi,

We did some additional digging and found that this was a new cookie introduced with the latest version of App Measurement.

Thanks for your help!

Diana

Level 9

HI @dhallman1 

sounds new to most of us. Could I have a look at it (should there be a public website) to validate? Feel free to DM me.

Community Advisor

Hearing first time here, and i don't see any info related to it from adobe.

Community Advisor

Are you sure this cookie is being set by a plugin within your implementation, @dhallman1?

Adobe plugins will also set cookies with the s_ designation, but the name can be set by the person who set the code... for instance, the getTimeToComplete plugin can set multiple cookies to track different start/stop items..... 

Like the others, I've not seen any reference to an s_ac cookie, nor do I have that set on my site (and I just updated to the latest Adobe Analytics extension a few days ago in QA and I am not seeing that cookie on my site).

Level 2

When our developer did a comparison of AppMeasurement.js version 2.26.0 against the previous version 2.25.0, he found that the cookie was introduced in the latest version.

Community Advisor

You are right. I see the section of code you are looking at.. it doesn't seem to be triggering for me (I'm not getting that cookie set), and I don't see anything specific to that in the Release Notes... 

What sort of information seems to be stored in those cookies?

Employee

Yes, it is an AppMeasurement cookie. s_ac cookie is meant to handle cookieDomainPeriod.

The documentation should be updated soon.