Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Conversion Attribution without Analytics Tracking Pixel

Level 1

I am very new to Adobe Analytics - in the past i mostly worked with Google Analytics.

One of our customers - an insurance company - is very strict with private policy of their customers. Thats why unluckily they can't implement tracking codes to their site.

The only way we can track the online marketing campaign performance of different marketing channels such as Google search ads, display, Youtube and Facebook ads is through CID-parameters.

The following simple scenario of a customer journey:

- A user clicks on a display banner from GDN (doesn't convert), two days later he sees an ad on facebook clicks on it (doesn't convert) and then clicks on a Google Ads search campaign and finally makes a conversion.

Now to my question:

Which channel receives the credit for the conversion in this case, is it the first channel (First Touch) or the last channel that received a click-through (Last Touch)?

How many days after click the conversion can be attributed to the channel?

Thank you very much in advance for your response.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

To answer your question: Both!

Unlike GA, AA doesn't have a last-click attribution model by default. ... Well, sort of. If you use the Marketing Channel dimension by itself, then AA defaults to reporting based on last-click attribution because of legacy reasons. Which is why you should ignore the First Touch Channel and Last Touch Channel dimensions; those have been deprecated.

Using the Marketing Channel dimension only, then in your metrics, e.g. Success Event 1, click its gear icon to open its settings panel, then at the bottom of that panel, choose the attribution model that you want. You can also choose the lookback window that you want.

More information on Marketing Channels analysis: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/components/marketing-channels/analyze-mc.html

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

To answer your question: Both!

Unlike GA, AA doesn't have a last-click attribution model by default. ... Well, sort of. If you use the Marketing Channel dimension by itself, then AA defaults to reporting based on last-click attribution because of legacy reasons. Which is why you should ignore the First Touch Channel and Last Touch Channel dimensions; those have been deprecated.

Using the Marketing Channel dimension only, then in your metrics, e.g. Success Event 1, click its gear icon to open its settings panel, then at the bottom of that panel, choose the attribution model that you want. You can also choose the lookback window that you want.

More information on Marketing Channels analysis: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/components/marketing-channels/analyze-mc.html