Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Complete URL not captured in g for SPA applications

Level 1

Could someone help me on capturing full url including the query parameters in case of “Single page application - SPA” in variable “g”, details as follows:

1. Implementation done via Adobe Launch
  2. Implementation Method- EDDL

Issue Description: When I navigate from page A to page B(SPA), url changes from www.xyz.html to www.xyz.html/#pageB but the variable “g” in the adobe hit doesn’t capture the full url of the page B in page load call.

Impact: when I click on the CTAs on pageB, and If I break it down by url then it gives me incorrect results.

Alternatives Explored: Capturing page URL via Data Element Type: pageInfo and attribute: url and window.location.href. However, this is causing issues in the internal navigation clicks capturing the destination page url instead of current page due to timing issues.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi,

Can you check on the below approach once to get the full page URL. I see it is capturing for me.

Data Element --.Type (Custome Code) -->open editor then paste the code accordingly. 

var fullpageurl = window.location.href;

return fullpageurl;

Thank you,

Jay.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi,

Can you check on the below approach once to get the full page URL. I see it is capturing for me.

Data Element --.Type (Custome Code) -->open editor then paste the code accordingly. 

var fullpageurl = window.location.href;

return fullpageurl;

Thank you,

Jay.