Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Common Plugins Implementation in Launch

Level 2

I'm looking to use two of the 'Common Analytics plugins' in a Launch setup. I'm getting good data on one, but not sure about the other and just want to confirm the proper setup.

• I've installed the 'Common Analytics Plugins Extension
    Created a Rule, and initialized getNewRepeat and getTimeSinceLastVisit (see image below)
    In the Adobe Analytics Extension, 'Make tracker globally accessible' is checked
    In the 'Configure Tracker Using Custom Code', I've added:
s.prop17=s.getNewRepeat();
s.prop22=s.getTimeSinceLastVisit();

In reporting, getNewRepeat seems fine - reporting both new and repeat visitors.
However, getTimeSinceLastVisit only reports 'New Visitor' and prop22 does not show up in the debugger.

The plugin documentation adds the following line,

s.linkTrackVars = s.apl(s.linkTrackVars, "prop22")

but when I add that, the library seems to fail - no Adobe Analytics code found on page, according to the debugger.
Is that the proper procedure?

The version history comment states

Now uses formatTime and inList plug-ins for the return value.

Does that mean I have to include those plug-ins as well?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 2.00.27 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

WORKAROUND:

I've realized that I can use the stock Workspace 'First Time Visitors' and 'Return Visitors' Segments, and the 'Days Since Last Visit' Dimension to get the data I need, so I've got that. Any advice on the plugins would still be appreciated!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Add APL (Append to list) function from the plugin and check it after one visit expire.It will work fine.

apl.PNG

Level 2

Thanks for this - I did also add 'Initialize APL (Append to List)' to my Rule, and added

s.prop17=s.getNewRepeat();
s.prop22=s.getTimeSinceLastVisit();
s.linkTrackVars = s.apl(s.linkTrackVars, "prop22")

to my Adobe Analytics Plugin custom code. However, I still only get "New visitors" in my prop22 reporting (though New/Repeat seems to continue to work fine)

Correct answer by
Level 2

WORKAROUND:

I've realized that I can use the stock Workspace 'First Time Visitors' and 'Return Visitors' Segments, and the 'Days Since Last Visit' Dimension to get the data I need, so I've got that. Any advice on the plugins would still be appreciated!