Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Common Plugins Implementation in Launch

Level 2

I'm looking to use two of the 'Common Analytics plugins' in a Launch setup. I'm getting good data on one, but not sure about the other and just want to confirm the proper setup.

• I've installed the 'Common Analytics Plugins Extension
    Created a Rule, and initialized getNewRepeat and getTimeSinceLastVisit (see image below)
    In the Adobe Analytics Extension, 'Make tracker globally accessible' is checked
    In the 'Configure Tracker Using Custom Code', I've added:
s.prop17=s.getNewRepeat();
s.prop22=s.getTimeSinceLastVisit();

In reporting, getNewRepeat seems fine - reporting both new and repeat visitors.
However, getTimeSinceLastVisit only reports 'New Visitor' and prop22 does not show up in the debugger.

The plugin documentation adds the following line,

s.linkTrackVars = s.apl(s.linkTrackVars, "prop22")

but when I add that, the library seems to fail - no Adobe Analytics code found on page, according to the debugger.
Is that the proper procedure?

The version history comment states

Now uses formatTime and inList plug-ins for the return value.

Does that mean I have to include those plug-ins as well?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 2.00.27 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

WORKAROUND:

I've realized that I can use the stock Workspace 'First Time Visitors' and 'Return Visitors' Segments, and the 'Days Since Last Visit' Dimension to get the data I need, so I've got that. Any advice on the plugins would still be appreciated!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Add APL (Append to list) function from the plugin and check it after one visit expire.It will work fine.

apl.PNG

Level 2

Thanks for this - I did also add 'Initialize APL (Append to List)' to my Rule, and added

s.prop17=s.getNewRepeat();
s.prop22=s.getTimeSinceLastVisit();
s.linkTrackVars = s.apl(s.linkTrackVars, "prop22")

to my Adobe Analytics Plugin custom code. However, I still only get "New visitors" in my prop22 reporting (though New/Repeat seems to continue to work fine)

Correct answer by
Level 2

WORKAROUND:

I've realized that I can use the stock Workspace 'First Time Visitors' and 'Return Visitors' Segments, and the 'Days Since Last Visit' Dimension to get the data I need, so I've got that. Any advice on the plugins would still be appreciated!