Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Client Hints in Data Insertion API

Level 1

Hi, since the Data Insertion API documentation has not been updated for many years, it is not specified which XML tags can be used for sending the new User Agent Client Hints for Chromium browsers. The more up-to-date Bulk Data Insertion API Documentation says that the columns hints.brands, hints.platform etc. can be used for sending Client Hints. When I tried to use the same format like <hints.platform>macOS</hints.platform> in a Data Insertion API Request, it doesn't seem like working.

Any idea how I can transmit client hints in a Data Insertion API request?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The documentation for the data insertion API has a new home on Adobe Developer. It was just updated last week with the appropriate XML tags for client hints. Check it out here:

https://developer.adobe.com/analytics-apis/docs/1.4/guides/data-insertion/variable-reference/

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

This may be worth a ticket to Client Care...  this should either get you access to an Adobe Engineer who can support how to do this (and please share the solution if there is one)... or it might trigger a request to get new functionality created to support this.

Good luck

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The documentation for the data insertion API has a new home on Adobe Developer. It was just updated last week with the appropriate XML tags for client hints. Check it out here:

https://developer.adobe.com/analytics-apis/docs/1.4/guides/data-insertion/variable-reference/

Level 1

Hi @Gigazelle, thank you so much for the tip!

I've just tried it now and it partially worked. I sent the following in my data insertion request:

<userAgentClientHints>
      <mobile>false</mobile>
      <platform>Windows</platform>
      <brands>
         <brand>
            <name>Chromium</name>
            <version>101</version>
         </brand>
         <brand>
            <name>Google Chrome</name>
            <version>101</version>
         </brand>
         <brand>
            <name> Not;A Brand</name>
            <version>99</version>
         </brand>
      </brands>
   </userAgentClientHints>

When I report the event, the Operating System dimension is set to "Windows" and Mobile Device Type is set to "Other", which are correct. However, Browser is set to "None". Any ideas why?