Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Click events in Launch using div id

Level 2

Hi,

I'm looking to tracking click interaction with elements on my homepage using CSS selectors.

I can see the option for a rule in Launch based on click but unsure what syntax to specify under "Elements matching the CSS selector".

The selector I'll be looking for interaction on is <div id="addButton"> or <div id="minusButton">.

Thanks,

James

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

@Jmaguire -

It's just looking for a basic selector, the same you would use with document.querySelector() or document.querySelectorAll(). For the two DIVs in your question, since they have unique IDs (at least, the IDs should be unique on the page), you can use #addButton and #minusButton, respectively.

More on selectors here.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

@Jmaguire -

It's just looking for a basic selector, the same you would use with document.querySelector() or document.querySelectorAll(). For the two DIVs in your question, since they have unique IDs (at least, the IDs should be unique on the page), you can use #addButton and #minusButton, respectively.

More on selectors here.

Level 2

Thanks @Brian_Johnson_, managed to get to work.
How would I go about passing the name of 'Add' or 'Subtract' to Analytics, ie. Add used, to the custom link report?

Community Advisor
@Jmaguire assuming the "Add" / "Subtract" text are the text inside the <div> elements, then in your Action, you can use %this.@text% to get that text from your clicked element.

Level 2

@yuhuisgmany thanks for your reply. Where would I specify %this.@text%? I tried putting it in Custom Link - Link Name for the beacon I'm sending.

Jmaguire_0-1615390380378.png

Community Advisor
@Jmaguire yes, that is the correct place. Is it not sending the text within your clicked element?

Level 2
@yuhuisg It gives me a blank value. I tried with a text string as a test and it worked fine, but %this.@text% shows as blank link name

Level 2

I should mention there is no text for Add and Subtract, they are images.

Is there a way to pull the value xyz from <div id="xyz"> ?

Level 8
The lack of text is definitely your issue, then. Try using %this.id% instead. Also, I find the Launch Cheat Sheet handy to have around... https://jimalytics.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Adobe-Launch-Cheat-Sheet.pdf

Level 2
Many thanks @Brian_Johnson_, that worked perfectly. Also, thanks for the cheat sheet, will definitely come in use. Thank you both.