Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Classification values resulting in unknown traffic value

Level 3

Recently i wanted to change a friendly name value of a s.campaign variable code we had uploaded.

Code        Friendly Name

google      Google Ads

changed to

Code     Friendly Name

google   Google

When i uploaded this in classifications the result in my workspace reports showed the friendly name of the code with google as being Unknown Traffic.

Is it because the Code and Friendly Name values were similar?  This is what we were advised, but i know we have examples of existing codes which are the same as the Friendly names in our list.  I couldn't find anywhere the ruling criteria when doing these classifications. 

Does anyone know for sure, without it being a guess?

Angela

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Having different capitalisations yet the same values for both your Code and Friendly Name won't affect how Classifications works.

Having said that, there is a known issue with Classifications where imports aren't working as expected. I suggest that you raise your issue with Client Care so that they can bring it up with Engineering team.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Having different capitalisations yet the same values for both your Code and Friendly Name won't affect how Classifications works.

Having said that, there is a known issue with Classifications where imports aren't working as expected. I suggest that you raise your issue with Client Care so that they can bring it up with Engineering team.