Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Classification File Import from FTP

Level 1

I am importing a classification file of 110 MB from the FTP. I have put the .tab  file with the data and .fin file (without data) on the ftp.

I want to know post putting the data in the ftp will the file be picked up automatically? or do it need to click something?

Also is my method correct of putting the .tab file with data (110 mb) and .fin file without data.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can upload many .tab files and for each of them there should be a .fin file.

file1.tab

file1.fin

file2.tab

file2.fin

etc.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

Nothing need to be done after tab and fin files are uploaded. you just need to be sure that you upload the tab file first and then upload the fin file. Adobe will pickup it automatically.

Employee

Hi,

The file will automatically be picked up.

Here is our documentation on the exact steps.

Import classifications via FTP

Thanks,

Steven Hofheins | Adobe Support

Level 1

Hi Guys,

thanks for sharing the information, I am able to upload the file through FTP. I have another doubt related to the same.

If i have more than 1 file to be uploaded from FTP, do i keep 1 .fin file and multiple .tab file on the FTP?

or do I have to create multiple ftp for multiple files and place the files in separate ftps?

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can upload many .tab files and for each of them there should be a .fin file.

file1.tab

file1.fin

file2.tab

file2.fin

etc.