Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Cannot read properties of undefined

Level 2

Hi Team,

Attaching the Error Details. Any help would be highly appreciated. 

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Seems that the error is occurring because a "ga" is missing in the web page. Without knowing what that "ga" is exactly nor what is going on in your web page, it's hard to troubleshoot.

Can you please provide more information of what is going on when you encounter this error?

Community Advisor

@yuhuisg is correct, this is a Javascript issue occurring with some of your custom code; without seeing that code, or what it's trying to do this is very hard to diagnose.

If you turn on the Satellite Debugger, you should be able to identify which rule in Launch is potentially throwing the issue.. but the probably could be part of a Data Element used by that rule.

To turn on/off the Satellite Debugger:

// Turn On
_satellite.setDebug(true);

// Turn Off
_satellite.setDebug(false);

It won't find the issue, but it might help you narrow down where to start looking.

You could also try searching in your Launch property for "ga" but given this combination would probably show up commonly as a word within a word, I am not sure if it will help much.

Level 2

@Jennifer_Dungan @yuhuisg Thank for your response. My bad I have attached wrong screenshot.

Attaching the right one. 

Community Advisor

Thanks @Moorthi_MSD but this is still a fundamental issue of seeing the end result of an issue.. we don't know what "General" is, where or how it's being used, etc.

Whatever "General" is, its either not been declared, or it's been declared in a different scope and therefore the Launch code cannot read it... but beyond that, there is no way for anyone to help diagnose the issue with this limited information.

Do you have an internal developer that can help look at the code?