Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Cannot Get Omniture Hits to Register

Former Community Member

I am new to using Omniture, but have repeatedly gone over the implementation guide, and believe the configuration is correct. When I view the analytics site, under visits, page views, etc... I am not seeing any hits. Please see the attached files being hosted on the referenced site, including the Digital Pulse Debugger output.

I tried to attach the HTML source as well, and it did not upload. Here is the HTML source:

<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <meta charset="ISO-8859-1"> <title>Omniture</title> <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="js/VisitorAPI.js"></script> <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="js/AppMeasurement.js"></script> <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><!-- /* Get the AppMeasurement instance */ var s=s_gi("agitrws") /* You may give each page an identifying name, server, and channel on the next lines. */ s.pageName=document.title s.server="" s.channel="" s.pageType="" s.prop1="" s.prop2="" s.prop3="" s.prop4="" s.prop5="" /* Conversion Variables */ s.campaign="" s.state="" s.zip="" s.events="" s.products="" s.purchaseID="" s.eVar1="" s.eVar2="" s.eVar3="" s.eVar4="" s.eVar5="" var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//--></script> </head> <body> Test Omniture </body> </html>
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Do you have a dev or a test page that we can look at? A lot of people here can easily look at the source code and JS console to figure out where the hangup is.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 5

Hi

Are you still facing the same issue.

Please send me a test mail on banga@adobe.com to run few test scenarios.

Regards

Devinder

Former Community Member

Can anyone assist me with this???

Thank you.

Level 8

Hi Mark,

Apologies for the delayed response.

You would need to populate your sprops and evars in the HTML code with test values to allow them to show up as data in your reports & analytics UI.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Kind Regards

Rahul

Former Community Member

I deployed the following this morning, and still see no data after hitting this page:

/* You may give each page an identifying name, server, and channel on the next lines. */ s.pageName=document.title s.server="prod" s.channel="rws" s.pageType="web" s.prop1="test_prop_1" s.prop2="test_prop_2" s.prop3="test_prop_3" s.prop4="test_prop_4" s.prop5="" /* Conversion Variables */ s.campaign="" s.state="" s.zip="" s.events="" s.products="" s.purchaseID="" s.eVar1="test_var_1" s.eVar2="test_var_2" s.eVar3="test_var_3" s.eVar4="test_var_4" s.eVar5=""

What am I missing?

Community Advisor

hi Mark,

can you see any image request being sent ? If yes please paste it here .

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

Former Community Member

Sorry, I'm sure I should know more about how to use this product, but your question doesn't make sense to me.

I am not including any image calls in this test page.

Please explain more about what you mean.

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Do you have a dev or a test page that we can look at? A lot of people here can easily look at the source code and JS console to figure out where the hangup is.

Community Advisor

Hi Mark,

Whenever you send data to Adobe servers, you send an image of 1*1 pixel. In the query parameter you can find all the variables that you are sending to adobe servers.

1.You can use the adobe debugger to see this image request. Details on how to install it here : http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/debugger_install.html

and how to use it here : http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/debuger_start.html

2.The second option is to use a packet analyzers or packet sniffers. You can find a list here: http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/packet_monitor.html

To view Analytics requests, filter outgoing requests using "b/ss".  

If you want you can paste the URL of your website so we can check what is happening.

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes