Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

cannot find geo/country item when creating a new segmentation in Site Catalyst 15

Level 2

I would like to create a segmentation by country (e.g., visits from UK), but I could not find such an item on country or geo in the drop down menu when defining visit under "Segment Definition Builder". 

I tried to create a filter "domains ends with .uk/", but it did not give me the correct data.

How to create a segmentation to show visits by country in SiteCatalyst 15? 

Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Huijun Suo wrote...

Gigazelle wrote...

You are correct. Once geosegmentation is enabled, those data tables begin collecting data. Give it a day or so, and you'll begin to see data for those report suites.

Thanks so much! We have enabled geo segmentation 6 days ago, but I still could not see any data when running geo segmentation report (date period when we have enabled it). Is it normal? Or anything else I should check? 

Thanks again! 

I have figured out why. So reply to my own question:

Make sure to click "add metrics" and select visits metric. Then data will show up. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

It must likely due to the fact that the GeoSegementation reports are not enabled for the specific report suite. If the reports are enabled then you should see them under Visitor profile >> GeoSegmentation and when building the segments you should see GeoSegmentation country ... 

To enable it you need to go to STAR >> Admin tools >> report suite >> select report suite >> edit settings >> general account settings >> Geography reporting >> enable

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes  

Level 2

Alexis Cazes wrote...

Hi,

It must likely due to the fact that the GeoSegementation reports are not enabled for the specific report suite. If the reports are enabled then you should see them under Visitor profile >> GeoSegmentation and when building the segments you should see GeoSegmentation country ... 

To enable it you need to go to STAR >> Admin tools >> report suite >> select report suite >> edit settings >> general account settings >> Geography reporting >> enable

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes  

thanks a lot!! i think that is the right way to go. However, "edit setting" is grey and i cannot click it. What should I do? Ask another admin to see if he can fix it?  

Thanks again and I really appreciate it.

Community Advisor

It looks like you do not have full access. Did you select the report suite that you want to modify before clicking on edit settings  ? 

If you cannot do it either :

ask another admin to do it or grant you access to do it

contact clientcare

Level 2

Thanks again for your quick response! Today we successfully enable the geosegmentation in all our report suites :) 

However, when I run geo segmentation by country report in SC, it says “no data match these criteria. Please verify the segment, metrics, date range and filters”. I change date range several times, but no data shows up. Does it mean SC takes a few days to collect and show data once we implement a new feature? So I should wait a few days to see data?

Thanks again! Really appreciate it.

Employee Advisor

You are correct. Once geosegmentation is enabled, those data tables begin collecting data. Give it a day or so, and you'll begin to see data for those report suites.

Level 2

Gigazelle wrote...

Thanks so much! We have enabled geo segmentation 6 days ago, but I still could not see any data when running geo segmentation report (date period when we have enabled it). Is it normal? Or anything else I should check? 

Thanks again! 

Correct answer by
Level 2

Huijun Suo wrote...

Gigazelle wrote...

Thanks again! 

I have figured out why. So reply to my own question:

Make sure to click "add metrics" and select visits metric. Then data will show up.