Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Can marketing channels report match site visits?

Level 1

I understand that marketing channels are assigned at the hit level and you can therefore have multiple channels assigned to a single visit. My questions is, is there a way around that? All I want is the marketing channel that originated the the visit to be assigned to the visit and not be overwritten. Basically, every visit should have one marketing channel even if it is 'undefined'.

Is this possible? Will changing the selection to  "Override Last-Touch Channel" have any impact (already de-selected for direct and internal)?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Jgrng,

As per your requirement, Marketing channel reports might not work. If you are capturing tracking code for your channels like affiliate, Paid, natural, Email etc. and you tracking code expiration is Visit. Than you can classify those values into marketing channel and will give you the results you are lookin for.

or the second option is as suggested by asheeshp.

Regards

Karandeep Singh

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

using marketing channel for your need can be tricky, I would rather use an evar to track it. expiration = visit, allocation : first touch

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Jgrng,

As per your requirement, Marketing channel reports might not work. If you are capturing tracking code for your channels like affiliate, Paid, natural, Email etc. and you tracking code expiration is Visit. Than you can classify those values into marketing channel and will give you the results you are lookin for.

or the second option is as suggested by asheeshp.

Regards

Karandeep Singh

Level 5

Although I wouldn't recommend this approach - if you are convinced its the right path for your organization, you can definitely achieve this by adding a 'Is First Page of Visit' condition.  You will need to use "all of the following are true" as the upper level logic.  Which means if you are using 'any' today because you have multiple acceptance criteria you will need to break them out into separate steps in the waterfall.1860693_pastedImage_0.png