Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Campaign start date segment in Adobe Analytics?

Level 2

Is there a way to find out what a campaign start date is in Adobe Analytics? Perhaps a segment to note the date range for a particular campaign? This is to help me validate if 0 results are because there was no action taken on an active link or if it means the link was not yet live when I'm comparing to previous time periods. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Unless someone from your organization has created a custom date segment for the particular campaign or noted the campaign start date somewhere in AA, I don't think this is possible. The only way AA would be aware of your campaign (other than someone in the org making a note of it) is if at least one entity engaged with your campaign link(s), but that does not mean that was the day your campaign officially started.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Unless someone from your organization has created a custom date segment for the particular campaign or noted the campaign start date somewhere in AA, I don't think this is possible. The only way AA would be aware of your campaign (other than someone in the org making a note of it) is if at least one entity engaged with your campaign link(s), but that does not mean that was the day your campaign officially started.

Community Advisor

I agree with this... Adobe only knows what data has been passed to it.. in theory, something could be live weeks before the first hit is seen. And IF someone was doing testing in prod before the campaign officially launched, you may have data from before it started.

This is where communication between teams is important.. the people running the campaign should be able to tell you when it went live, and you can add that to the description in the report (Campaign X went live on Date Y), you can also create a date annotation to mark its start in your visualizations, etc.