Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Calculated metric gives incorrect number when using a segment

Level 1

Hello all,

I hope someone here can help me out

I'm trying to create a calculated metric of "uptake" which is the number of units of luggage (with a segment for luggage) divided by the total number of sectors.

So in the example it would be 34496/80655 which is: 0.42 or like 42%

KarlijndeWilde_0-1679421210659.png

However, when I do the calculation in the calculated metric it will show 128% which is incorrect.

This is the calculation of sectors:

KarlijndeWilde_1-1679421396579.png

And this is the calculation of the uptake:

KarlijndeWilde_2-1679421475437.png

I've heard that this is because the units can also be for other types, so not only luggage but also insurance for example.

Does someone know a workaround for this? 

Thanks a lot!

Karlijn

1 Reply

Level 2

Did you tried creating a separate calculate metric for Total Sectors itself and a new one calculating percentage. This is just my thought. I don't know exactly what the calculation represents. Also, I have a question, why you multiplied WR FO Return with 2. Just give it a try by creating a calculated metric for 'total sectors' and then create another for uptake by dividing units of luggage by total sectors.