Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Calculated metric gives incorrect number when using a segment

Level 1

Hello all,

I hope someone here can help me out

I'm trying to create a calculated metric of "uptake" which is the number of units of luggage (with a segment for luggage) divided by the total number of sectors.

So in the example it would be 34496/80655 which is: 0.42 or like 42%

KarlijndeWilde_0-1679421210659.png

However, when I do the calculation in the calculated metric it will show 128% which is incorrect.

This is the calculation of sectors:

KarlijndeWilde_1-1679421396579.png

And this is the calculation of the uptake:

KarlijndeWilde_2-1679421475437.png

I've heard that this is because the units can also be for other types, so not only luggage but also insurance for example.

Does someone know a workaround for this? 

Thanks a lot!

Karlijn

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Did you tried creating a separate calculate metric for Total Sectors itself and a new one calculating percentage. This is just my thought. I don't know exactly what the calculation represents. Also, I have a question, why you multiplied WR FO Return with 2. Just give it a try by creating a calculated metric for 'total sectors' and then create another for uptake by dividing units of luggage by total sectors.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 3

Did you tried creating a separate calculate metric for Total Sectors itself and a new one calculating percentage. This is just my thought. I don't know exactly what the calculation represents. Also, I have a question, why you multiplied WR FO Return with 2. Just give it a try by creating a calculated metric for 'total sectors' and then create another for uptake by dividing units of luggage by total sectors.