Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Calculate Month over Month Delta in a Table

Level 1

I'm trying to create a calculated metric that will allow me to show a running MoM delta in a workspace. It would look like the third column below:

MonthVisitorsMoM Delta
January1344
February234574.5%
March276718.0%
April9879257.0%
May1341-86.4%
June3452157.4%

Anyone know how to make that happen?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Here is what I would do to create a calculated metrics for Visit % Month Over Month Delta :

Calculated Metrics Summary:

(Visit - ((function Cumulative (number 2 metric Visit sort_by ascending_sort true) - function Cumulative (number 1 metric Visit sort_by ascending_sort true)))) / ((function Cumulative (number 2 metric Visit sort_by ascending_sort true) - function Cumulative (number 1 metric Visit sort_by ascending_sort true)))

Note: Replace "visit" with any desired metrics above to visualize % Month Over Month Delta for the chosen metric.

Snapshot:

1718169_pastedImage_9.png

1718170_pastedImage_16.png

WorkSpace Table:

You can use any time dimension to calculate % delta in place of the month (weeks, days etc.). The metric will auto adjusts the calculation for the applied time dimension.

Month over Month

1718177_pastedImage_17.png

Week over Week

1718178_pastedImage_22.png

QA:

See summary change for highlighted week/month with the corresponding week/month row value. % delta value should match with it. See snapshot above.

Thanks,

Asheesh

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Here is what I would do to create a calculated metrics for Visit % Month Over Month Delta :

Calculated Metrics Summary:

(Visit - ((function Cumulative (number 2 metric Visit sort_by ascending_sort true) - function Cumulative (number 1 metric Visit sort_by ascending_sort true)))) / ((function Cumulative (number 2 metric Visit sort_by ascending_sort true) - function Cumulative (number 1 metric Visit sort_by ascending_sort true)))

Note: Replace "visit" with any desired metrics above to visualize % Month Over Month Delta for the chosen metric.

Snapshot:

1718169_pastedImage_9.png

1718170_pastedImage_16.png

WorkSpace Table:

You can use any time dimension to calculate % delta in place of the month (weeks, days etc.). The metric will auto adjusts the calculation for the applied time dimension.

Month over Month

1718177_pastedImage_17.png

Week over Week

1718178_pastedImage_22.png

QA:

See summary change for highlighted week/month with the corresponding week/month row value. % delta value should match with it. See snapshot above.

Thanks,

Asheesh

Level 2
I created the formula, but I am not able to use the sort_by. I have everything, but that. How do I add the sort_by?

Level 1

Anyone with a follow-up on this? I can't see "sort_by" either.

Level 1

I created the formula without the sort_by or ascending_sort functions and it works great. I have only tested with day and month on unique visitors.

I wonder if you can make it so it doesn't matter what metric is placed? Is there such capability?

Level 2

Is there a way to do this for Year over Year as a calculated metric?