Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Bulk Data Insertion API

Level 2

For some reason I can't get the BDIA to work via Postman but the exact same file works quite happily via curl command in terminal. Just wondered if anyone had come across the same issue, maybe I'm missing something obvious?

Screenshot 2021-03-24 at 06.56.32.png
Screenshot 2021-03-24 at 06.56.54.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

I hope this helps...

1. Open Body tab

2. Click on form-data radio button

3. On the Key column, type in "file" > at the end of the field, there's a shaded drop-down, select File

4. Select file on the "Value" column

Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 5.04.25 PM.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 7

@alexb75062655  Are you getting any error message while using BDIA in postman ? Can you share the screenshot of the error message ? Also, you can import the curl request in postman and then try sending the request.
Also make sure that you have used the correct endpoint.

Level 2
I've added a couple of screenshots - one shows the Postman error response and the other is the successful curl request. In both of these examples I am using the same file.

Level 2
One other thing I'm wondering is, how long does it typically take for the data to be processed? As I submitted a very small test file yesterday (5 rows) but don't see that data in the report suite yet

Level 7

Thanks for sharing the screenshot ! As per the error code there seems to be a problem in the request syntax. You might want to check the below link :- https://github.com/AdobeDocs/analytics-1.4-apis/tree/master/docs/data-insertion-api.
If you still faces the issue than you can raise it with the Client Care team.

Correct answer by
Level 1

I hope this helps...

1. Open Body tab

2. Click on form-data radio button

3. On the Key column, type in "file" > at the end of the field, there's a shaded drop-down, select File

4. Select file on the "Value" column

Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 5.04.25 PM.png