Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Bounce Rate for Mobile Site not Accurate - Repeat Instances related Issue

dave_schwarz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

We have a Mobile Site and Omniture shows a Bounce Rate of approx. 8% which is ridiculously low (our main site's bounce rate is approx. 40%) and obviously not accurate.  Turns out that in Ad-Hoc you can choose whether or not to 'Count Repeat Instances' and by setting it to 'No' the bounce rate jumps from 8% to 60% - meaning that on the mobile site we have a huge amount of automated reloads, i.e. repeat instances, which if you count for them brings down the Bounce Rate to a non-report-able and unrealistic level.  Problem is, that we use Site-Catalyst and Report Builder for our reporting and I can't find a way to set them to not count for repeat instances the way i can do it in Ad-Hoc. 

Any suggestions?

Dave 

1 Accepted Solution
TanmayMathur
Correct answer by
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

You could look at Single Page Visit report inside Reports & Analytics. Single page visits can consist of many image requests, as long as the variable in context of the report contains a single unique value. As soon as a second unique value is populated, the visit is no longer considered a single page visit. Here is the description - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/reports_single_page_visit.html

let me know if this helps.

TM

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TanmayMathur
Correct answer by
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

You could look at Single Page Visit report inside Reports & Analytics. Single page visits can consist of many image requests, as long as the variable in context of the report contains a single unique value. As soon as a second unique value is populated, the visit is no longer considered a single page visit. Here is the description - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/reports_single_page_visit.html

let me know if this helps.

TM

View solution in original post