Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Bounce Rate didn't work correctly with Segment in Workspace

Level 6

I created a segment based on URL. I only want to create report for those 20 pages. After I put this segment in the workspace, when I add pageview, visits, unique visits and bounce. Everything seems correct ( only show my 20 pages ). But when I add bounce rate, then my list changes to 200+ pages. I am wondering why? Anything special with bounce rate?

Thanks,

-Cathy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you have just 20 specific pages, what you can do is to pull in those specific values alone rather than the page variable. To do this, in workspace, on the left panel, click the arrow on the page variable to dig into the actual values.

1377297_pastedImage_0.png

1377298_pastedImage_1.png

Select the values that you require and place it in the table. this should resolve your issue.

-Hyder

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Cathy,

Few metrics like Entries, Exits, Bounces(Single Page Visits) etc., are captured once in a visit and they have a visit breakdown scope, which means they persist through out the Visit.

For example, if a segment has the following condition: Page equals A on a Hit container.

Say, a visit has the following sequence of pages: A -> B -> C -> D. So, the Exit page was D, in this case.

Now, when you select Exits as the metrics, D will appear in the list even through the hit segment only has A.

That is the reason you cannot find these metrics even in the segmentation listing.

So ignore the line items which didnt have hits and continue.

Thank You!

Arun

Level 6

Actually What I found out was:

My segment has 20 pages, after I select pageview, visit, unique visitor and bounce, my page list still keep as 20.

Once I added the bounce rate, then the list changed to 200+

Based on what you said, most likely bounce rate is on the visit level not the hit level. So it involved all the visit related pages.

If this is the case, how can I create a report only show those 20 pages? ( maybe use a filter ? )

Thanks,

-Cathy

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you have just 20 specific pages, what you can do is to pull in those specific values alone rather than the page variable. To do this, in workspace, on the left panel, click the arrow on the page variable to dig into the actual values.

1377297_pastedImage_0.png

1377298_pastedImage_1.png

Select the values that you require and place it in the table. this should resolve your issue.

-Hyder

Employee Advisor

There are some metrics in Adobe Analytics that are visit-based, meaning they persist on every hit throughout the visit. Bounce rate uses these visit-based metrics (specifically entries and/or entry page), so it can sometimes pull in extra data when you have a filter enabled.

Hyder's post is spot-on if you're looking for specific values.