Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Bounce rate adds extra rows

Level 1

I'm currrently building a table that breaks down Page Name dimension (custom) in a segment. The Visits metrics works fine, but when I add Bounce rate, a bunch of extra rows that are not included in the segment with value 0 are added to the table.

Does anyone know why?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

@beluks , this happens because the bounce rate calculation method works on a visit level. If you add Entries as the third metric, you will be surprised to see the numbers for the rows where the Visits and Bounce Rate return zero

For those who wonder how this happens, here is an example of the described situation:

Andrey_Osadchuk_0-1622147955816.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi @beluks ,

Could you share the screenshot of the table and segment's definition?

Correct answer by
Level 10

@beluks , this happens because the bounce rate calculation method works on a visit level. If you add Entries as the third metric, you will be surprised to see the numbers for the rows where the Visits and Bounce Rate return zero

For those who wonder how this happens, here is an example of the described situation:

Andrey_Osadchuk_0-1622147955816.png