Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Bots in visits

Level 2

Hi,

I want to know if the analytics data for visits include bots too. If I want to calculate the percentage of bots in the total visits, how can I go so?

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Greetings,

Thank you for the question.  The short answer is that this depends on how you've set up Analytics.  There is a feature called Bot Rules that allow you to filter out (exclude) any Bots detected by our system.  Either by our defined Bot Detection rules, or via custom rules you can set yourself.

With our product once a bot is excluded it generally will not be presented in any of our reporting interfaces.  Though you can pull up a Bots Report for information on Bots that accessed your site.

If you disable Bot Rules then activity from Bots should be present, though it would not be designated differently than regular traffic.

You may find the following documentation helpful on this question:

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/admin/admin-tools/bot-removal/bot-rules.html

Shane C

(Adobe Customer Care)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

Greetings,

Thank you for the question.  The short answer is that this depends on how you've set up Analytics.  There is a feature called Bot Rules that allow you to filter out (exclude) any Bots detected by our system.  Either by our defined Bot Detection rules, or via custom rules you can set yourself.

With our product once a bot is excluded it generally will not be presented in any of our reporting interfaces.  Though you can pull up a Bots Report for information on Bots that accessed your site.

If you disable Bot Rules then activity from Bots should be present, though it would not be designated differently than regular traffic.

You may find the following documentation helpful on this question:

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/admin/admin-tools/bot-removal/bot-rules.html

Shane C

(Adobe Customer Care)