Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Bot Traffic Blocking

Community Advisor

Is there is a way I can check if there is a spike in traffic due to bots? I have a sudden spike in traffic and we are sure they are bots. Is there is a  tool we can integrate? 

Thanks

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

While I am not aware of a tool to integrate with, you can look at the user agent and IP addresses the data is coming from. if there is a spike in a range of IP addresses or a certain browser/device type, it may be bot traffic. Check also the visit behaviour, as in the visit number from each unique visitor from this IP, or hits in each visit. 

You can create a segment to filter out this traffic. As you identify more bots, you can keep modifying the segment

Community Advisor

I also would recommend look at referring domains and also check internally if any marketing teams are doing any sort of paid traffic campaigns that could be the cause.

IP can be key and then use a whois like function to get ideas on what company the ip belongs to.

GLTU