Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Backtrack or Rebuild data?

Level 8
Level 8

Good Day everyone,

May I ask, is it possible to rebuild or backtrack data in Adobe Analytics or Discover?

In our recent campaigns, we missing some parameter's in the URL.

E.g.:

Regular AD URL: http://sample.com/index.html?banner=12345&channel=yt

now, we missed the "Channel=yt" for 1 week.

So, in the Omniture, when we see the traffic source by "Channel", we'll see from "YT" significantly dropped for that week.

But the "banner" code is unique, it means, once we know the code is 12345, we know channel=yt as well.

So, is there anyway in Data Warehouse or anywhere, to rebuild or backtrack the data, then in Omniture report, we can see the "Channel" in a correct way?

Please kindly advise.

Thanks.

H

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can look at Numeric 2 classifications which allows to create metrics based on period etc.. Numeric 2 Classifications

You can import data using Data Source as well Data Sources Template

All that I can think off right now

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can look at Numeric 2 classifications which allows to create metrics based on period etc.. Numeric 2 Classifications

You can import data using Data Source as well Data Sources Template

All that I can think off right now

Employee Advisor

Is there a way for you to determine which URL's should have the channel=yt query string parameter?

Level 8
Level 8

Thank you for the suggestion, I will ask our team try this way!

Level 8
Level 8

Hello Gigazelle,

It's hard to know the URL since they are from specific website, in fact it is paid search.

So the landing URLs are a lot and changed by week/month etc...

Thanks for your reply.

H