Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Auditing Segment Usage - Can I delete this segment or is it being used?

Level 2

After many years, we have hundreds of segments and want to clean them up or delete them. However, I don't want to change/delete segments currently in use. Is there a way to see if these segments are used in current Workspace or Data Warehouse projects? FYI, we have over 100 Analytics users.

Ideally, I would like a list of all our segments and a count of projects using them. I don't see this info in the Components Management page, just owner and date last modified. 

If this doesn't exist, I could use advice on how to delete 200 segments and not cause a riot. : )

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Adobe is working on this.. but it's not yet released... 

However, deleting segments doesn't really "delete" them.. they will disappear from your components area, but they will essentially continue to work like ad-hoc segments on any report still using them....

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Adobe is working on this.. but it's not yet released... 

However, deleting segments doesn't really "delete" them.. they will disappear from your components area, but they will essentially continue to work like ad-hoc segments on any report still using them....

Level 2

Thanks for the info. This prevents a lot of disruption.