Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

[API] What is the different between page element and pageURL ?

Level 1

Hi All,

I would like to know if the url return by sending page element in the request is the full page URL or not.

My Request

Report.Queue

{

"reportDescription": {

"reportSuiteID": "xxxxxx",

"dateFrom": "2017-12-01",

"dateTo": "2018-01-20",

"metrics": [

{ "id": "visits" },

{ "id": "bounceRate" },

{ "id": "pageViews" },

{ "id": "averagetimespentonpage" }

],

"elements": [

{

"id": "page",

"top": 10,

"startingWith": 1

}

]

}

}

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

'Page' represents the 's.pagename' variable of Reports & Analytics and hence would return whatever value you have collected in this dimension. If you don't pass any value in this variable in your implementation, then it by default captures the URL. This variable has a limit of 100 bytes hence characters post that are stripped.

If you are looking to get URL values via API, I'd recommend using the 'pageURL' element. However, please note that it's only available in Data Warehouse API hence please ensure you specific 'warehouse' as the 'source' within the payload.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

'Page' represents the 's.pagename' variable of Reports & Analytics and hence would return whatever value you have collected in this dimension. If you don't pass any value in this variable in your implementation, then it by default captures the URL. This variable has a limit of 100 bytes hence characters post that are stripped.

If you are looking to get URL values via API, I'd recommend using the 'pageURL' element. However, please note that it's only available in Data Warehouse API hence please ensure you specific 'warehouse' as the 'source' within the payload.

Level 1

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. You was saying that maximum length of the url return by requesting page element is 100 bytes. However i was able to get URL length up to 225 chars based on my testing. I also called the support yesterday, she told me that URL return by requesting page element and pageURL from datawarehouse are the same. I would expect to get more exact answer in this case.

Thanks,

Aye Mon.

Employee Advisor

PageName has a limit of 100 bytes; pageURL actually has a limit of 255 bytes.