Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

API support for creating SAINT classifications

Level 1

We use a scripted process to load SAINT classifications for large populations using the 1.4 REST_API and an ADOBE IO Integration with jwt authentication.

The one manual step in the process requires that I login to the Admin Tools > Reports Suites and go to Traffic Classification or Conversion Classification to add the classification on an evar or sprop for which we will import the key value data (In this case assigning customer ids to various groups)

Is there any plan to support the ability to create/delete/rename classifications via API so that we can completely script our process?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @ymiki ,

In order to create a classification you can use Anaytics UI or rest API (ReportSuite.SaveClassification). You can delete the existing classifications using ReportSuite.DeleteClassifications.

Refer this link for details on Admin API and all the available methods: https://github.com/AdobeDocs/analytics-1.4-apis/blob/master/docs/admin-api/index.md

Best,
Hemangini

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @ymiki ,

In order to create a classification you can use Anaytics UI or rest API (ReportSuite.SaveClassification). You can delete the existing classifications using ReportSuite.DeleteClassifications.

Refer this link for details on Admin API and all the available methods: https://github.com/AdobeDocs/analytics-1.4-apis/blob/master/docs/admin-api/index.md

Best,
Hemangini

Level 1
Do you know also if the description can be edited? I noticed the ReportSuite.SaveClassification method doesn't have a description field...

Employee

@ymiki ,

Yes, description field wasn't exposed for usage on 1.4 APIs and I still can't find a way to do that.