Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to manage consent when embedding Adobe Analytics into PDF

Adobe Champion

I just watched a recording  of  the Summit session

https://business.adobe.com/summit/2021/sessions/pdfs-no-longer-an-analytics-blackbox-s603.html

Because it was a recording, I could not pose questions, so am asking here - how would we embed tracking consent into a PDF  when using  the  techniques covered in  the  presentation?

Thanks for info/ideas.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You have to include the PDF embed JavaScript in the web page that shows the PDF. See the complete documentation at Adobe Developers - PDF Embed API | Embed PDF in HTML | Adobe Document Services.

Since the embed code runs from within a web page only, then you would have already sought consent from the user when the web page is shown.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You have to include the PDF embed JavaScript in the web page that shows the PDF. See the complete documentation at Adobe Developers - PDF Embed API | Embed PDF in HTML | Adobe Document Services.

Since the embed code runs from within a web page only, then you would have already sought consent from the user when the web page is shown.